You are here

Dislocated Worker

Featured Program

Dislocated Worker Training Programs (WIOA Approved)



Mississippi State University Extension Center for Continuing Education now offers WIOA approved training programs to qualified Mississippians who are underemployed or unemployed.   

Those who are currently collecting unemployment, are receiving government assistance (SNAP, TEA, Work Pays, Supplemental Social Security (SSI), or otherwise determined to be low-income may qualify for WIOA funding.  

The following programs have been approved for WIOA funding.  To find out if you qualify contact  your local WIN Job Center.  

Who Qualifies? 

In order to be considered for WIOA funding you must meet the following eligibility requirements.  

  • You must be 18 years or older
  • All males MUST be register with the Selective Service Administration
  • You are eligible if you are employed, unemployed or underemployed
  • You are NOT eligible if your income is $22.59 an hour or $46,991 annually
  • You must be registered and up to date in MS Works (visit to register)
  • Scored Silver or above on the Workkeys (Must be within the last 5 years)

If you meet all the above requirements, contact your local WIN Job Center to find out how to get approved to receive WIOA funding.  

How to Apply

If you are interested in applying for WIOA funding for one of these approved programs, you must apply through your local Mississippi WIN Job Center. To find the WIN Job Center nearest you, see the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) WIN Job Center website.  Contact your local Mississippi WIN Job Center and let them know you wish to speak with a Career Advisor and apply for WIOA funding for educational training.  Your Career Advisor will provide you with the application form and list of additional documentation that may be required.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I'm not sure that I will qualify for funding?
Any Mississippi resident who feels they may qualify is encouraged to contact their local WIN Job Center to see if they qualify.
Can I take multiple classes?
There may be opportunities to take multiple courses.  Your Career Advisor will address this with you.  
I have further questions.  Who should I contact?
You can contact: 
Mississippi Department of Employment Services
Employment and Training Programs Department
I'm not interested in applying for funding, can I still take a class?
Yes, MSU Center for Continuing Education courses and programs are available to the public.  You can view a complete listing of our online career training programs at: