Dislocated Worker Training Programs (WIOA Approved)
START TRAINING TODAY FOR A GREAT CAREER!
Mississippi State University Extension Center for Continuing Education now offers WIOA approved training programs to qualified Mississippians who are underemployed or unemployed.
Those who are currently collecting unemployment, are receiving government assistance (SNAP, TEA, Work Pays, Supplemental Social Security (SSI), or otherwise determined to be low-income may qualify for WIOA funding.
The following programs have been approved for WIOA funding. To find out if you qualify contact your local WIN Job Center.
- Certified Bookkeeper
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Computer Programmer C++
- Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Clinical Dental Assistant
- Certified Clinical Medial Assistant CCMA (Vouchers Included)
- Certified Clinical Medial Assistant CCMA + Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist CEHRS (Vouchers Included)
- Data Analytics Certificate
- Commercial Driver Training
- Electrical Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Freight Broker/Agent Training
- Human Resources Professional
- HVAC/R Technician (Voucher Included)
- Information Systems Security Professional Training
- Java Programmer + Python Developer
- Manual Machinist
- CNC Machinist
- Maintenance Technician
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant CMAA
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Paralegal
- Pharmacy Technician
- Certified Physical Therapy Aide
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner SSCP
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Tool & Die Maker
- Veterinary Assistant
- Web Applications Developer Plus
In order to be considered for WIOA funding you must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You must be 18 years or older
- All males MUST be register with the Selective Service Administration
- You are eligible if you are employed, unemployed or underemployed
- You are NOT eligible if your income is $22.59 an hour or $46,991 annually
- You must be registered and up to date in MS Works (visit www.mdes.ms.gov to register)
- Scored Silver or above on the Workkeys (Must be within the last 5 years)
If you meet all the above requirements, contact your local WIN Job Center to find out how to get approved to receive WIOA funding.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for WIOA funding for one of these approved programs, you must apply through your local Mississippi WIN Job Center. To find the WIN Job Center nearest you, see the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) WIN Job Center website. Contact your local Mississippi WIN Job Center and let them know you wish to speak with a Career Advisor and apply for WIOA funding for educational training. Your Career Advisor will provide you with the application form and list of additional documentation that may be required.