Horticulture & Landscape Architecture Summer Camp
The camp will provide high school students exposure to the many different fields of horticulture and landscape architecture and will include hands-on learning opportunities in landscape architecture, floriculture, floral design, nursery management, turf, vegetable production and fruit production.
Deadline to apply is May 26, 2017.
Date: Sunday, June 11, 2017 (All day)
Who is eligible:
High School students between 15 & 17 years old
Type: Overnight Camp
Department of Plant and Soil Sciences and the Department of Landscape Architecture
Designed for High School students between 15 & 17 years old. The program is a 3 day event during the second week in June.
• Arrive Sunday afternoon -- depart Wednesday afternoon.
• Sponsorship/attendance is $175/student.
• Sponsorship/attendance fee covers:
• 3 night stay in the campus residence halls.
• A meal card good at the Perry Cafeteria & union food court.
• Fun programs and activities.
• Field trips to a local orchard and a vegetable farm.
• Evening entertainment
• Final Awards Luncheon.
• See your High School Counselor, Ag Teacher, local Garden Club or the Dept. of Plant and Soil Sciences at Mississippi State University for further details and additional application forms.
For more information contact: Kathy Johnson or Dr. Richard Harkess
Department of Plant and Soil Sciences
Mississippi State, MS 39762