Freight Broker/Agent Training
Learn How to Start Your Freight Brokerage
Become a part of the exciting trucking, freight logistics, and transportation industries as a licensed freight broker or as a freight broker agent. From licensing and operations to sales and marketing, you'll learn the basics of how to run a domestic freight brokerage or agency in the United States.
Freight brokerage is a growing, service-based industry. As a freight agent or broker, you connect shippers and manufacturers with transportation companies and manage those shipments. Entrepreneur magazine has rated the freight brokerage business as one of the top home-based businesses to own, and a Wall Street Journal article cited freight brokering and logistics as the largest growing sector of the transportation industry.
Written by freight brokerage specialists, this freight broker course will provide you with the knowledge and resources needed to break into the shipping industry. From transportation law, contracts, and insurance, to setting up and running your own business, this is the best online freight broker training available.
“This course used real life examples and different learning materials that still help us operate a business,” Kay P., United Tribe Logistics
What you will learn
- The basics of freight brokering.
- How to use the documents and software common to the industry.
- All about transportation law, insurance, and agreements and contracts.
- How to set up and run your business, including recordkeeping, determining quotes, and negotiation and marketing techniques.
How you will benefit
- Freight broker school can provide you with the resources you need to obtain your brokerage licensing/authority from the federal government.
- Graduates will be able to participate in our weekly job opportunity event called Resource Friday—read more about it below.
How this course is taught
- This is a non-credit program offered in partnership with ed2go. You do not have to be admitted to the university to enroll in this program.
- This is an open enrollment program, which means you can enroll and start at any time. There are no set start and end dates.
- This course is entirely online and can be completed at a pace and time that is convenient for you. There are not set times you must attend classes.
- You will have 6-months from the date of enrollment to complete this program.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, this course focuses solely on U.S. domestic freight brokering, so it’s only recommended if you plan to do business in the United States.
This is a Mississippi WIOA approved program. Those interested in seeing if they qualify to use WIOA funding to pay for this training should contact their local MS WIN Job Center.
The Freight Broker/Agent Training program is 100% online and allows you to enroll at any time. After enrolling you will have 6 months to complete the program at a pace that is convenient for you. You can get started today by clicking the "Enroll Now" button below and completing your registration at our partner ed2go site.